| || About Turner / Our Story|
The CNN Story When you work for CNN Worldwide, your work shapes news and information platforms that reach more than 2 billion people in every time zone on the planet. Your colleagues include award-winning, top-of-the-line talent committed to telling the world's stories with immediacy and accuracy. At CNN Worldwide, you're at the forefront of the global news business. To see what we are all about, go to www.cnn.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
CNN is looking for a forward-thinking HR Business partner. The successful candidate will be part of a talented HR team that is respected for their competency in HR as well as the business. In this dynamic culture built around news & storytelling, the role partners with leaders to maximize employee performance across multiple cities. The client groups include Technical Operations, Image & Sound, and Business Administration. Skills critical to success in this role include: innovative, solution-orientated, independent thinker, analytical, collaborative, strong leadership, and ability to work in a fast-pace 24x7 environment.
What will you be doing?
- Lead cultural change through programs in collaboration with the business with a strong emphasis on performance development
- Oversee and implement human resources policies, programs and practices that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness that align with business strategies in areas including talent acquisition, compensation, learning and development, and performance management
- Partners with specialists in the aforementioned areas
- Communicate and inform business of HR initiatives and project manages these efforts
- Provide developmental coaching to all levels, and offer creative solutions to business challenges
- Manage and resolve Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Turner policies
- Collaborate with our legal team on high level ER issues
- Build and maintain strong internal business partnerships
- Gain an understanding of business knowledge by participating in client meetings and staying up to date on the industry
- Manage & develop HR Business Partner
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-10 years related experience as human resources professional, with experience working with and influencing senior executives in a production environment
- Experience consulting clients in training and talent development, high level employee relations, recruiting, and compensation
- Prior supervisory experience required
- The ideal candidate must be flexible with proven ability to work within tight and fluctuating deadlines
- S/he will have the ability to deliver results in a client facing role while providing day-to-day HR support to a dynamic client group
- Experience working in an environment with shifting priorities
- Experience managing a union-based production environment is desirable
What's in it for you?
- An entrepreneurial environment.
- Hands on dynamic work that leads to driving employee engagement.
- A wide degree of value added thinking and latitude.
- Competitive comp, benefits, and work life programs.
- Mobility within the company to grow and develop your career with Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
But wait, there’s more!Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.