| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Senior Manager, Activation will lead the implementation of marketing efforts for International deals for Great Big Story (GBS), a role within the Content Partnerships team of Turner's News division. After a custom media program is sold to an advertise the Senior Manager will be the primary driver and facilitator of the deal - Liaising with individuals and teams within the Ad Sales organization (sales partners around the world, marketing, Create brand studio in London) as well as GBS publishing, editorial, PR, Turner Launchpad, and other internal teams. The specific deals this manager supports will be sold by Turner's global sales force supporting clients in EMEA, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific regions. They will support sales as the "Quarterback" and main POC with our brand clients and agency partners on the marketing side. This role will collaborate with many individuals and teams to ensure that all custom deliverables (branded content, sponsored editorial, design, technology, events, etc.) are flawlessly executed across Great Big Story and other relevant channels (television, CNN digital, social, experiential, etc.) on a centralized timeline that meets advertiser commitments. This person plays a critical role on the implementation of ground-breaking, revenue-driving, integrated marketing campaigns, helping Turner push the boundaries of what's possible in today's evolving world of branded content and media. This position reports to the Associate Director of Activation and is based in New York.
What will you be doing?
- Executing customized branded content and sponsored editorial marketing programs on Great Big Story. Driving program implementation with integrated teams consisting of internal stakeholders, network counterparts, agency representatives, and global brand partners across categories - clients ranging from automotive and financial to entertainment and government agencies.
- Communicating, and informing sales and business partners in London, Hong Kong and other global offices on project status and any relevant information. Collaborating with pre-sales teams and post-sale execution teams in London and other offices to ensure deals efficiently and effectively flow into the GBS production and publishing teams based in New York to ultimately deliver for the business. You are a human bridge to the global sales organization.
- Owning the process from kick-off of sold programs through launch and wrap up, which includes leading daily communications, asking critical business questions, determining opportunities for optimization to meet objectives and KPIs, and synthesizing results, key learnings and best practices in partnership with internal teams.
- Maintaining accurate status documentation for senior managers, Content Partnerships team executives, and team members.
- Leveraging relevant industry, competitive and brand intelligence to enhance marketing/ promotional partnerships and bolster Turner News (CNN, HLN, and GBS) leadership in the marketplace. Some project opportunities may include "portfolio" programs across other Turner networks/ divisions.
What do we require from you?
- Delivering daily with a client-focused attitude and a confident, enthusiastic, diplomatic approach - providing valuable solutions for brand clients, complex programs and high-profile Turner initiatives.
But wait, there’s more!See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- 4-6 years of media or integrated marketing experience at a media company, agency or brand.
- Strong digital background and project management skills are essential.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with partners and clients outside of the United States a strong plus.
- Global mindset.
- Willingness and ability to work across global time zones on project by project basis.
- Proactive collaborator and problem-solver with demonstrated ability to oversee a project from concept to completion.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and be resourceful while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Passionate about brand storytelling and innovations in digital marketing and communications.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Experience in multimedia production, experiential, and/or managing budgets is a plus.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.