Be part of a team that is transforming entertainment through groundbreaking HBO OriginalPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Programs and theatricals library. The VP, Program Technical Services & Operations will seek to
redefine industry standards and practices for acquisition, quality control and in the creation of
high-quality secondary content assets, driving quality and scale of content localization for our
global market. S/he should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment,
taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with
partners under tight time-frames.
- Lead a department of operational and technical staff and team leadership
- Oversee the acquisition of all program content for exploitation across all HBO platforms (domestic and international) and create associated enhancement materials (Spanish audio for dubbed tracks and Spanish language captions and subtitles) as dictated by deal memos, contracts, FCC mandates and program schedules.
- Ensure all assets created for our services are of the highest quality possible
- Build working relationships with productions, studio executives and our output partners
- Manage vendor relationships, negotiate contracts and rates with providers
- Act as the primary contact with original programming production teams (producers,directors, production and post executives, and vendors staff) on all phases of technicaldetails regarding the completion and delivery of OP content
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish technical parametersand workflows for the transition from an obsolete closed caption file format to a formatwhich can be easily repurposed across all platforms
- Partner with Legal to ensure first publication of HBO original programming is updatedcorrectly for copyright registration
- Partner with production partners (internal and external) to identify and eliminateproblematic areas pre-production which results in significant savings in the productionprocess to HBO.
- Manage the remastering of HBO's extensive OP library to support new business
- Collaborate with internal HBO departments to develop and establish operational andcontingency procedures related to content delivery workflows
- Work with internal departments to analyze repeated errors, strategizing on andrecommending solutions to meet expectations
- Establish and enforce HBO’s technical standards, working with internal and externalpartners to examine new technologies that impact the program distribution pipeline
- Extremely smart, entrepreneurial profile with strategic vision and strong bias to execute
- Demonstrated expertise in consultative, solution selling and business development skillswith ability to align the business needs with our drive to support media production
- Highly skilled in change management practices and driving organizational processimprovements
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrixed organization,coordinating projects and services across business and organizational boundaries, andbuilding effective cross-functional teams
- Ability to generate big ideas with strong motivational skills that can apply to all stafflevels
- Proven ability to work with colleagues in identifying pain points, business opportunitiesand relevant solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
- 10+ years in content acquisition, localization or international versioning for theatricaland/or premium TV services
- A minimum of 5 years of prior staff management, development and mentoringexperience required.
- Established strong relationships within the content localization industry
- Solid understanding of consumer expectations regarding audio and video assets,captioning, subtitling and dubbing in the markets HBO serves
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internaland external relationships and work effectively cross-functionally