| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
- Director, CNN TV Research & Analytics The Director, CNN TV Research & Analytics is a leadership position within the TV Research team that plays a critical and key strategic role as a collaborator and partner with Ad Sales, Strategic Planning and Finance
- This position is vital in leading the production and development of long and short-term estimates; optimizing the Rate Card and Selling Title management as well as directing the production of regular reports and custom analyses to inform overall network and program performance and tracking
- This position will advise, partner and strategize with Ad Sales, Strategic Planning and Finance on a regular basis
- Furthermore, a key component of this role includes being a link between the business and Ad Sales Research teams by regularly sharing audience insights to ensure that network stories are being surfaced to Ad Sales; as well as improving efficiencies and limiting overlap between the teams
- The position is located in NYC
What will you be doing?
- This role will help lead long-term forecasting for budget and Upfront efforts and assure that these estimates cohere with short-term forecasts (LRC)
- In collaboration with the CNN TV Sr. Directors, this role will be responsible for overseeing the management and maintenance of the Rate Card, including, but not limited to, regularly creating and updating Estimates and Selling Titles and applying Sales bumps
- This position will collaborate with Ad Sales, Strategic Planning and Finance regularly; including strategizing with Ad Sales to optimize the Rate Card
- The Director will develop audience estimates with a high level of accuracy, track them against targets, and conduct post-analysis of those estimates with the goal of future improvement
- This person will be a link between the business and the Ad Sales Research teams to ensure that network stories are shared with Ad Sales and to improve efficiencies across the teams
- In consultation and partnership with the TV Sr. Directors, this person will provide active leadership in the development of the new program estimating system as well as a new internal audience analyses system
- Under the leadership of the VP, CNN TV Research, this person will provide daily project and reporting oversight within the CNN TV Research team
What do we need from you?
- 8+ years of media research experience (at a cable or broadcast network or ad agency is preferred)
- 3+ years of people management experience
- A proactive self-starter with a proven record of leading projects & people
- Significant estimating / forecasting experience
- Experience with rate card management and Ad Sales Research are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients and to produce clear & actionable reports and analyses
- Strong leadership acumen, analytical/communication/presentation skills, marketplace knowledge and client service skills
- Must work well under pressure while handling multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Passion and knowledge of the media news landscape is a plus
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required
But wait, there’s more!See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.