The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What does our department do?
CNN Heroes is an award-winning multi-platform initiative that profiles everyday people changing the world. Our stories are featured across the networks of CNN, HLN, CNN International, CNN Español and CNN.com.
What will you be doing?
CNN Heroes interns will be responsible for supporting producers, associate producers and production assistants throughout the production of CNN Heroes packages. Interns will attend all weekly department planning meetings. They will learn to use CNN's databases to access video, conduct research and communicate with other departments within the company. Main responsibilities include research, logging, transcribing, dubbing, assisting with organizational and administrative tasks and searching for video and sound. Interns are encouraged to pitch ideas with respect to nominations and Hero packages.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 40 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.