| || The Turner Story|
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
What does our department do?
What will you be doing?
Our MBA interns work alongside us to drive strategy and innovation, expand our knowledge base, and tackle challenges across media, technology and entertainment. To help us achieve these objectives, each of our MBA interns complete an in-depth research project throughout the course of their term with us in addition to supporting on live workstreams. In past semesters, MBA interns have worked across a wide range of projects covering various topics, including: - Assessing Landscapes for Emerging Entertainment & Media Industries (e.g. MCN's, eSports, Augmented and Virtual Reality) - Accelerator / Incubator Models - Brands as Media Companies / Content Creators - Deep Dive on Millennial / Gen Z Content and Consumption Habits - Aggregated, Multi-Platform Insights and Analytics Companies - Upfront / Newfront Coverage and POVs - TV Everywhere: An Analysis of the TVE Ecosystem and Consumer Experience
What do we require from you?
What’s so great about this internship?
What’s so great about our internship program?
- MBA student with at least one year of classes completed
- Previous employment experience in one or a combination of the following industries: Consulting, Media, Technology, Banking, or Entertainment
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills (structure, build and deliver)
- Ability to turn complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand story-telling presentations
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
- Passionate about media, tech and entertainment
- Digitally and socially savvy
Spring 2018 Internship Program
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- January 22nd through April 20th
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- 20-40 hours per week dependent on schedules
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising junior status or greater.