| || Our Story |
We Are CNN. We are the now and the next. The power behind people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are home of the global digital revolution.
See what it's like to work for CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
Would you like to work for a leading global media organization? If so, we'd love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting an SEO Analyst to help grow one of CNN's key audience segments by partnering with teams in Editorial, Social, Programming, Audience Development and more. CNN Digital is seeking an individual who is passionate about SEO, analytics, audience development, journalism and digital multi-channel marketing. CNN's portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
What will you be doing?
- Leverage knowledge of the online news and information landscape to execute audience development plans to acquire CNN Digital's desired target audience segments.
- Partner across multiple teams to coordinate and improve on CNN's audience development and SEO strategy, tying together editorial calendars, social calendars, business priorities, product launches and more.
- Provide real time analytics feedback to Editorial and Programming teams to help provide the right content at the right time to CNN's audience.
- Identifies scalable strategies, tactics and channels for audience growth.
- Develop workflow recommendations to include the data necessary to inform content and programming decisions in order to quickly move on opportunities that will grow CNN's search audience and increase their loyalty.
- Develop & champion improved processes for insight collection and dissemination across Audience Development, Product and Editorial teams.
- Support short term Content Planning processes with editorial and programming teams.
- Conduit between Content Teams and Audience Development Teams sitting within the CNN Newsroom, bridging editorial with audience development and analytics.
- Focus on partnership with Editorial leaders to establish and define specific channel roles and guidelines for content and distribution.
- Document usage and requirements for real-time analytics tools in coordination with optimization & testing team, providing recommendations for relevant data and analytics enhancements.
What do we require from you?
- 2+ years experience with growing SEO organically for news organizations
- Analytical mind with the data skills to go with it.
- Experience working cross-departmentally
- Ability and willingness to speak up to push for results.
Skills and Experience: Essential:
- Must have ability to train editors and newsroom staff on how to optimize pages and articles through page titles, SEO descriptions, headlines, alt text, linking,etc.
- Ability to perform keyword and trends research to identify what keywords to target and explain the value of key phrase selection to publishers
- Experience with SEO and analytics tools such as (or similar to) Conductor, Brightedge, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics.
- Experience auditing sites for opportunities to improve SEO
- Experience reviewing rank reporting, analytics, webmaster tools and other SEO resources to educate and explain fluctuations and metrics to publishers.
- Understanding of SEO best practices to assist editorial and programming teams with site and campaign optimization.
- Experience creating and testing hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses.
- Basic knowledge of digital media technologies, particularly a good understanding of capabilities and limitations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use audience research and metrics to optimize audience development plans.
- Ability to plan, measure and report on program successes through targeted KPI's. - Strong working knowledge of audience analytics platforms, eg Omniture, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights. Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing workflow between different departments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a global editorial organization
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.