| || Software Engineer |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || DramaFever |
| || Film Production and Distribution |
| || Engineering |
| || United States - New York - New York |
| || 159796BR |
| || Full Time |
| || Our mission is to put choice into the hands of consumers and change the way TV and Movies are delivered. We are creating a portfolio of next-generation video brands that will make people laugh, cry and jump for joy. We're doing it from the ground up, with bespoke technology and with a world-class team who are truly passionate about what we do. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that we've got brands that people love. |
| || WB Digital Labs (subsidiary of Warner Bros.) is moving fast to develop the next generation of video-enabled entertainment brands. Formally the startup DramaFever, for years we have delighted audiences with our over-the-top streaming Korean Drama channel. Now, we are looking at nothing less than to shape the future of media by combining our cutting edge technology, design and marketing capabilities with the world’s most beloved and iconic brands (eg. Looney Tunes & DC Comics) to build a portfolio of next-generation multi-media entertainment services. |
| || What part will you play?|
DramaFever, a division of Warner Bros. Digital Networks Labs Inc. seeks a Software Engineer for the DramaFever Engineering department. We’re looking for an experienced iOS developer to help architect, build, iterate, and manage a host of applications for phones, tablets, and Internet-enabled TV platforms. We stream videos over mobile networks to a wide range of devices of varying form factors, and need to take full advantage of each device's feature set.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes.
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of the DramaFever feature set.
- Write unit tests and integration tests, to keep our software running smoothly and let our ops engineers stay well-rested.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using Github, Slack and email so that we can all stay on the same page, even when we're juggling a lot of different projects.
What do we require from you?
- 3–5 years iOS experience.
- Experience with CocoaPods dependency manager.
- Experience with Universal Storyboards and Size Classes.
- Proficiency in Client Side Persistence.
- Proficiency in Swift Programming Language.
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON.
- Experience in performing code and design (architectural and UI) review.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Good understanding of issue management systems, project management, and version control (especially git) and standard development tools (eg. lint, unit testing, etc).
- Willingness to collaborate and brainstorm with colleagues.
Bonus points if...
- Experience with DRM Streaming Technologies
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Experience creating tvOS applications
- Familiarity with Realm.io
- Experience with Video Streaming and Downloading
| || Perks:|
8-player Mario Kart, free yoga sessions, sponsored continuing education, in-house beer garden and regular company outings....check, check, check, check and definitely check. While we have enriching perks, we've got a greater purpose.
| || The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law. |