| || This is our story|
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
CNN Tech Training equips CNN storytellers worldwide to Go There. We deliver live, distance and on-demand learning on technology and technical workflows for employees worldwide. Our focus is capability development: to build and deliver agile, engaging content and experiences, creating responsive solutions that equip CNN’ers with the operational skills essential to our storytelling.
We are seeking a trainer focused on our Digital newsgathering and operations. The position will build, design and deliver training internally. This position is also responsible for providing training and support to CNN’s newsgathering and technical operations.
What will you be doing?
- Embed with CNN Digital to build, develop and deliver relevant training
- Deliver engaging in-person, instructor-led trainings in a classroom setting, as well as more informal one-on-one trainings virtually, in the classroom or in the field
- Develop dynamic, timely content and training videos for internal use; keep our content up to date and create digital content that can live evergreen where and when appropriate
- Participate in research and development, user testing and troubleshooting of systems
- Thinking outside of the box on learning and learning tools
- Learn and teach multiple applications at one time
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously within specific deadlines, both under direction and autonomously - Self-starter who takes ownership over projects from inception to dissemination - Detail oriented with ability to scale and move quickly to drive results/action
- Keep curriculum and content fresh and relevant for CNN
What do we need from you?
Minimum experiences requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate career journalism experience
- Prior experience in an application/technology/digital environment
- Experience with Online Tutorial authoring tools and/or video content creation
- Experience in workflow documentation
- Technical aptitude with software platforms and web technologies
- Familiarity with Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Analytics, and/or quantifiable fluency in multiple new or emerging systems
- Rock star level presentation skills
- Basic understanding of news
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable qualifications include:
- Hands-on experience in a broadcast and/or news environment
- Web development experience; HTML, CSS
- Prior teaching or training experience
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
- Previous experience authoring curriculum
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.