What we’re looking for:
We need designers who take into account business objectives, user needs, experience principles, and industry best practices
to inform decisions and will deftly balance tactical implementation with big-picture strategic thinking. We love people with a
deep understanding of software development processes, who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty with experience prototyping
and development. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team
players, across design, engineering, and production.
A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms (e.g.
Mobile, Connected TV, Web/Desktop, etc.) is required.
What you’ll do:
You will be an individual contributor working on product design and feature initiatives from concept to launch for our streaming
and interactive experiences. Working closely with a multidisciplinary design, engineering, content, and research team you’ll
drive progress, uphold standards, and advocate for exceptional customer experiences. In this role, you will both manage and
execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines, while taking a
hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development. You will also seek user and business
validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots, as you develop new experiences and translate
them to multiple design languages (e.g. Material, iOS, etc.).
- A minimum of 10+ years’ work experience in product development and/or consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or closely related field.
- Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Deep understanding of UX design principles and methodologies as they relate to software development.
- Highly capable in core design abilities, including composition, typography, and color theory.
- Competency in existing and emerging interaction paradigms including touch, NUI, GUI, Virtual Reality, and the Internet ofThings.