| || Please submit your CV and Cover letter to apply. Please include the answers to the below questions in your cover letter:|
Are you a current undergraduate or recent graduate hoping to enter a career in digital production? Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Digital Production Intern to join our Entry Careers Programme in London from July 2018.
- Do you have the right to work in the UK? Unfortunately, we are not able to consider candidates who would require sponsorship
- Are you a current undergraduate or recent graduate?
- Why are you interested in a placement at Turner?
- Tell us about your favourite mobile game, and why you think it’s successful.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
This 12-month internship is part of our Entry Careers Programme, running from July 2018 to July 2019. These internships are for recent graduates or current undergraduates with a placement year in their degree, and will give the successful candidates invaluable ‘on the job’ experience in their chosen field. All our interns will start and finish their placements together, so this is your chance to learn and develop new skills alongside other professionals. As well as networking opportunities and in-depth exposure to a leading media and entertainment company, we will also provide you with training and resources for your development, to ensure that you are ‘business ready’ by the end of your internship.
The Digital Production Intern will support the day-to-day activities of the Central Digital team. The intern’s responsibilities will range from general administrative tasks to hands-on digital production duties. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a variety of production stages as well as interact with a variety of teams to develop the skills in a Digital Production environment. You will learn an overview of the terminology, key steps and documentation involved in the digital production process. The Intern will also learn how to use various content management system platforms and what our consumers (kids) really want from digital products.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Digital Managers and Producers during development and delivery of projects like microsites, games and stunts by making sure Turner’s Editorial and Technical best practices are implemented.
- Learning to use the Content Management Systems of our core products and perform content updates and related tasks as required; tasks can include uploading digital content, inserting metadata, inserting SEO metadata, adding or removing users and content migration.
- Supporting the team during product testing (usability, regression, functional and performance)
- Regularly checking our catalogue of live digital products (websites, apps, games, YouTube), take note of any issues or defects, notify the relevant producer/ manager and subsequently assist them with the implementation of fixes and solutions.
- Capturing video footage from games and apps.
- Working with team members and other departments to facilitate general production activities to keep projects running smoothly
- Researching digital trends by looking at what our competitors are doing or the top-ranking apps and games.
- Taking part in brain storming sessions and team meetings.
- Assisting team members as required with general admin tasks (Uploading assets, Renaming files, Content list updates.
Knowledge and experience required
- Have an interest in digital products (web builds, game & app creation) – knowledge of coding is not required
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and Problem-solving Skills
- Be self-motivated, have a positive and enthusiastic attitude,
- Willing to learn new skills and interested in working in a team environment
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external parties
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Words, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Photo / Picture editing tools and video capturing software would be beneficial
What’s on offer?
Closing date: Wednesday 21st February
- A salary of £19,800
- As an employee at Turner, you’ll be entitled to 23 days annual leave
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in company-wide charity events such as volunteering days
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your next career move
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- ‘Business ready’ training for the entire 2018 intern cohort
- You can also make the most of Turner’s range of benefits, including medical and dental care, and various discounts at local gyms and restaurants
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!