Fantastic opportunity to join Warner Bros. Studio Tour as an Interactor. Do you have experience in a visitor focused, customer service or retail environment? Knowledge of and an interest in the Harry Potter Story and/or film making? Apply today!
Primary Purpose of the Job
To ensure that our visitors are welcomed warmly to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour and that they experience the very highest standards of customer care and interpretive support in an exciting, intriguing and safe environment. Full training will be provided for successful candidates.
- To play an active role in supporting excellence in the delivery of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, The Making of Harry Potter, providing a warm welcome for all visitors
- Proactively engage and assist visitors using interpretation skills, Harry Potter movie awareness, movie making knowledge and scripted support sheets, in how best to maximize the enjoyment of their day. Sharing interesting facts, stories, statistics and information, of the full range of experiences, products and services available to them at appropriate points in the Visitor Journey within brand guidelines.
- Present a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable interface between the attraction itself and all visitors to the attraction, working as an ambassador for both
- Interpretation of the site, the attraction and specific elements within the attraction ensuring that communication is within brand guidelines.
- To conduct Personal Guided Tours, VIP Tours and assist in BSL/Audio Descriptive Tours as required.
- Ensure safety of all staff and colleagues in accordance with WB policies and procedures
- Ensure that all daily reporting and administrative requirements are completed to a satisfactory standard and in a timely manner
- Promote interpretive talks, guidebooks, audio guides and retail products to visitors
- You will be required to stand for up to 4 hours at a time, performing light lifting and working outdoors
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as possessing an understanding of the varied needs of our visitors
- Enjoyment of working confidently with the general public with a particular focus on families and young people
- Demonstrable ability to learn new skills and adapt to new situations within a visitor focused environment
- Excellent timekeeping
- Knowledge of a foreign language is desirable
- The ability to communicate interpretive elements to visitors
- Presentations skills – ability to speak in public
- Previous work experience in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of and an interest in the Harry Potter Story and/or film making
- Ability to absorb written communiqués and transfer information on to visitors
- GCSE Maths and English, grade C or above
Terms and conditions:
Contracts range from 16 to 40 hours per week. You will be required to work weekends as part of this working pattern. Weekend working includes both Saturday and Sunday. Your normal hours of work are between 8 am and 10 pm over the peak summer period and from 8 am until 8pm at other times.
There are both full time and part time positions available. All working patterns will include weekends and Bank Holidays (those on part time contracts will work a proportionate amount of weekends and bank holidays as those on a full time contract).
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200 acre secure site has a quarter of a million square feet of stage space, back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and an 100 acre back-lot.
WBSL has a collection of thirteen sound stages, some of which are the largest in the UK. The site also has its own, on-site Production Rentals division, which provides the industry with state-of-the-art lighting equipment, scaffolding and production supplies for stage and location shoots. WB De Lane Lea based in Soho, London, provides state of the art facilities in audio post production for feature films and television. These facilities make Warner Bros. Entertainment the only Hollywood studio to own and operate a production and post production facility in the U.K.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter showcases the authentic sets, special effects and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter film series. Located at the Studios where all eight films were produced.