| || SUMMARY OF POSITION: |
DC Comics seeks an Assistant Editor, Young Reader for the Editorial-DC Comics department. Supports Editor and Associate Editor in producing a line of kids’ and young adult editorial products within the DC Universe imprint.
- Assists Editor and Associate Editor in the production of Kids’ and Young Adult titles.
- Facilitates communication and scheduling for the editorial process from concept to bound book.
- Ensures that tipsheets, cover copy, catalog copy and other relevant materials are created and distributed on time.
- Works with Marketing and PR to obtain blurbs and quotes; sends out review material and maintains database of awards and other related content.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Publishing or Art preferred.
- 2+ years professional employment experience.
- YA/Kids’ book experience strongly preferred.
- Entertainment or publishing experience preferred.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines required.
- Copyediting and proofreading skills (CMOS) required.
- Knowledge of art (ability to discuss composition, design, etc.) preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to organize.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple project elements simultaneously.
- Mac/PC proficiency required.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.