|Job 1 of 1|
| || Senior Security Engineer |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || WB Technical Operations |
| || Film Production and Distribution |
| ||Technology/Information Technology |
Broadcast Technical Operations
| || United States - California - Burbank |
| || 140774BR |
| || Full Time |
| || SUMMARY OF POSITION|
Warner Bros Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Senior Security Engineer for the Content Security department. Warner Bros. Technical Operations offers exciting opportunities engaging with groundbreaking technologies in the areas of web development, digital distribution, high definition package media applications, and eCommerce solutions. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the projects, systems and services provided by the Web Hosting and Content Security group, whose core mission is to provide secure production, post-production digital media, on-line and mobile gaming, web-hosting services, and security consulting to various Warner Bros. divisions. This position provides technical expertise in defense of our internet-facing server infrastructure and in support of our security services.
- Drive network security engineering projects by planning, documenting and executing assigned tasks to produce the required deliverables.
- Engineer and operate intrusion detection systems, network scanners, log collectors, and other common security technologies.
- Provide configuration expertise on these and other security technologies deployed by the business.
- Participate in Incident response with other team members as well as daily security event analysis and handling.
- Program tools using C, C++, Perl, Unix Shell Scripts and research product and technical data for ongoing projects.
- Provide thought leadership in the secure design and deployment of any technology used, designed, or purchased by the company.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Security certification is required (CISSP, GIAC, or equivalent required).
- Minimum five year of experience in Information Security required.
- Minimum three year of experience with TCP-based networking required.
- Minimum one year of Unix system administration preferred.
- Command line and advanced scripting skills are a MUST.
- Deep understanding of foundational security technologies and facilities, such as crypto, is required.
- Experience in multiple information security domains (as defined by ISC2) is required, with deep expertise in at least one domain.
- Experience with *Nix systems is required.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems required (SourceFire, snort preferred).
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanners is required.
- Experience with firewalls required (Palo Alto, Netscreen, Juniper and Cisco preferred).
- Experience in Linux system administration is required, particularly with RHEL/CentOS.
- Experience with Apache web server and its available security features is preferred.
- Understanding of commonly used protocols and services such as SSL, TCP/UDP, WWW, FTP/SFTP, NTP, Telnet, NFS, SSH, LDAP, etc. is required.
- Understanding of networking hardware and software; routers, switches, and load-balancers, particularly F5 and Cisco products is required.
- Experience with production and post production digital media systems and services is preferred.
- Understanding of virtual networking hardware particularly VMware Vsphere, ESXi 4.x is preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions is preferred, especially Amazon AWS, and Level 3 and LimeLight.
- Must be a “self-starter” as well as work in a group project environment.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills, and be skilled in manipulating data (particularly logs) to extract useful intelligence.
- Incident Response/Digital Forensic experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others (clients, staff, management, vendors, etc.).
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced, heterogeneous environment.
- Must be willing to be on-call for off-hour work related problems/requests.