|Job 1 of 1|
| || Senior Software Engineer |
| || Warner Bros. Entertainment Group |
| || Film Production and Distribution |
| || Engineering/Technical Operations |
| || United States - California - San Francisco |
| || 136124BR |
| || Full Time |
| || SUMMARY OF POSITION|
Flixster, Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer for the Flixster Eng: Sys/Architecture department. Position will build backend components to support end-user features on web, mobile, and embedded applications.
- Explanation of major job duties and responsibilities (should give clear picture of what you do each day).
- Analyze product requirements, design technical architecture, and implement code and supporting technology systems to meet business objectives. Conceive, design, develop and launch data storage and access mechanisms to support application features, public APIs, etc.
- Identify and solve technical challenges before they become business problems. Analyze systems, identify weak points, and conceive, design, develop and deploy internal infrastructure projects towards improving systemic reliability, scalability.
- Research new technologies, and integrate into existing systems when appropriate.
- Write code documentation, create use cases, test cases.
- Deploy versions, monitor stability and performance of existing code.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or a related field. MS preferred.
- 5+ years experience working on server-side applications.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Fully fluent in Java 1.5 or 1.6.
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring.
- Proficient at SQL.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Perl, Shell, etc).
- Strong problems solving skills.
- Sphinx or other search technology experience a plus.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for performance is set high.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to technical and non-technical team members, and are able to build on other team members ideas.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.